Tuesday 24 January 2012

Composing for Film

Over the past years i've become an avid composer in both my spare time and work; Doing so has given me confidence to write my own music for both my AS and A2 Media films.

Having such software as Logic Pro and a number of instrument libraries from EastWest (http://www.soundsonline.com/) means I can dive straight into composing at home between the gaps of editing the film.

With Logic, I can open part of the film to play alongside my composition, giving me greater accuracy with the timing of the film in coordination with the score.

The Breakfast Scene, scored using EWQL Symphonic Orchestra in Logic
Below is a short video of my setup at home for composing music, along with a draft composition for 'the breakfast scene'.


No comments:

Post a Comment