Tuesday 17 January 2012

Poster Design

Considering that all the filming is complete and editing is well underway, I started designing a poster for the film based on my inspirations and research from an earlier post. I hadn't used Photoshop in a while but jumped straight in with my graphics tablet and got to work. For me, the film seems like one of its key aspects is the use of light and how it portrays Ivy's emotions and so really wanted to capture and incorporate that feeling into the poster, which meant using colourfully manipulated images alongside the silhouette of Ivy I had in mind.







































I'm really pleased with how this turned out, I envisaged just Ivy in the poster with light beaming behind her, but as I continued making the poster I realised how empty it might turn out; below is an example of the above poster without the additional images.







































In some ways, it's more effective than the above poster because of the 'dreamy' light beaming from the right, but I think the use of colour really gives the other poster the edge.

I will probably get feedback from other members of my class regarding which poster is more suitable!

The posters were created using Adobe Photoshop and a Wacom Intuos 3 Graphics Tablet. The silhouette of Ivy is a combination of both a digitally painted and real image. The 'dreamy' beaming colour was digitally painted (whilst using a lot of 'smudge'!) to intensify the emotions of Ivy.

The final poser that we will use to advertise the film will be the first picture posted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment